Do You Fear the Madwoman Archetype or Do You Embrace Her Creative Potential?
In this episode, I’m exploring the Madwoman Archetype, and how she shows up in our lives and in our relationships. The Madwoman Archetype is one we all know too well as she manifests in the thin line between sanity and insanity, pushing us to the very edges of our psyche and our limits.
While the Madwoman is identified as destructive, sabotaging our relationships and our potential, she is also a source of great power informing us what is out of balance on the inside that now needs resolution so her creative fire can manifest as her driving force.
In This Episode, We Are Exploring:
1) How women who are experiencing emotional imbalance have been labelled and categorised through language and culture
2) The misunderstood power of the life and death cycle by patriarchal culture
3) How emotional imbalances have confined and controlled women through shame
4) How the Madwoman takes us to the edge of our sanity and insanity
5) The destructive force of the Madwoman and the power she holds
6) Why we are so afraid of the Madwoman and what steps we can take to be in right relationship with her
Questions for Reflection
1) How does the Madwoman Archetype show up in your life?
2) How does she make you react?
3) In which relationships is she most active and dominant?
4) What has she come to teach you about what is out of balance within you?